Saturday, July 11, 2009

Xavier's Pocket Watch Flies Through Time

I knew my birthday was going to be a good one when I not only spotted ink first thing in the morning, but I talked tattoo and got a story before 7:00 A.M. on the R train at 95th Street.

Xavier has a dozen or so tattoos which he wears with pride. All are inked by Joe Maggs at Brooklyn Ink. Just by virtue of my close proximity to the shop, Brooklyn Ink's work has appeared on the blog more than any other shop. Click here to see all the posts.

The tattoo that Xavier offered up is on his left hand:


This clock is frozen in time at 3:35, the moment when Xavier was born.

It's worth noting that Joe Maggs' use of negative space on this piece lends to the illusion that the pocket watch is floating over Xavier's skin. It's a nice effect.

Xavier designs streetwear and some of his work can be seen on his MySpace page here.

Thanks to Xavier for sharing his tattoo with us here on Tattoosday!

No comments:

Post a Comment